- Is there a fee to apply or a cost to participate in the program if I am selected?
- What is the deadline for applying?
- What is the time commitment if I am selected?
- Who can apply?
- Can I nominate someone?
- Do you need political experience?
- Do I need to know what federal riding I currently consider home?
- Is there a limit to how many applications you will consider per riding?
- What is the criteria for selection?
- What are the benefits of participating in the program?
- What is the process for selection and when will I find out?
- If I am not selected, is there a waiting list?
No, Equal Voice will facilitate the costs of travel, accommodation and meals.
Here's what's involved:
- A half-day symposium to be held in your home provincial/territorial legislature before April 30 2017 (dates to be determined);
- A two day national historic leadership summit in Ottawa scheduled from the evening of March 6th until late afternoon on March 8th; and
- A commitment to share you what you've learned with 50 young women and men in your community.
Applicants will be evaluated on the strength of their connections to their community/communities in which they reside, their vision for their community/province/territory/country as well as their commitment to making change. One young woman will be chosen from each federal riding.
- The opportunity to interact with and learn from 338 diverse and dynamic young women who represent Canada’s rich indigenous, ethno-cultural, linguistic and regional heritage(s);
- The chance to hear from outstanding women leaders from every sector;
- You will come away with a better understanding of Canada’s political systems and the varied and impressive roles that women have played in the evolution of Canada’s democracy;
- You will have the space to explore your influence as a young woman who can change the face of politics in Canada in the years to come; and
- You will better recognize your own skills and talents and learn how you can use them to enact change.
- Between five and ten political, community and business leaders from each province and territory will be reviewing applications and making recommendations to Equal Voice. The chosen candidates will be contacted by November 30, 2016;
- Should you be selected, you will need to sign a code of conduct in order for us to confirm your participation;
- If you are not selected, you will receive an email from Equal Voice.