What is the Equal Voice Leadership Grant?
All 2019 Daughters of the Vote delegates are automatically eligible to be considered for a $1000 grant to be used following the in-person national event in Ottawa.
Grants will support delegates to accelerate advocacy efforts in their local communities.
Start thinking about your proposal:
- How would you use $1000 to take action in your community?
- Do you have an idea that brings neighbours and community members together?
- How can you build support to move a local issue forward?
The funds must be used within 12 months of the in-person national event in Ottawa. Projects could include, but are not limited to:
- Advocacy and social change initiatives.
- Events and mentorship programs.
- E-learning tools promoting local issue awareness.
- Initiatives advancing decolonization and Indigenous rights.
- Arts-based activism and workshops.
- Community gatherings and knowledge exchanges.
Grant applications will be available in April 2019:
Delegates will need to submit a detailed proposal for their project, including a budget, and will be expected to submit a final report upon completion. Delegates are also encouraged to work together on proposals, where appropriate. Equal Voice staff will provide support in the application process.